U.S./EU Toy Safety Seminar to Take Place at Hong Kong Toys & Games Fair
18 December 2015
Product safety officials, industry representatives and government experts will present a free educational seminar on U.S. and EU toy safety requirements for trade professionals attending the upcoming Hong Kong Toys & Games Fair, taking place January 11-14, 2016 at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Center.
Hosted by HKTDC, the Hong Kong Toys Council, the Federation of Hong Kong Industries, and the Toy Manufacturers Association of Hong Kong Limited, the seminar will provide attendees with important information on U.S. and European toy safety standards and regulations, including:
- The latest toy safety regulations in the U.S., presented by Jake Miller, regional product safety attaché, Asia-Pacific, U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC);
- U.S. chemical requirements, presented by Alan Kaufman, SVP of technical affairs, U.S. Toy Industry Association (TIA);
- The latest developments in the EU, presented by Christian Wetterberg, director of external relations at the LEGO Group and chair of the European and International Toy Safety Standardization Committees;
- Best practice sharing, presented by Catherine Van Reeth, director general, Toy Industries of Europe (TIE); and
- Q&A, moderated by John Tong, chairman of the Hong Kong Toys Council
TIA members are encouraged to circulate information about this session to their sourcing staff located in Asia and manufacturing partners who will be exhibiting at the Hong Kong Toys & Games Fair. The seminar will take place on January 11 from 2 to 4 p.m. Admission is free and open only to trade guests attending the fair. Registration for the Hong Kong Toys & Games Fair can be completed online.
More News >